News & Events
- Newsletter updates
- Contractual guidance due to severe weather and flooding events
- Improving health and safety through better design practice
- Construction sector contracts review
- Meet the Transformation Leads
- New operating model for Construction Accord
- Construction Sector Accord launches $37 million transformation plan
- Diversity and inclusion – the right thing and the smart thing for construction
- Panel of recognised Engineers to the Contract launched
- New industry leaders and sector reference groups to guide Accord transformation plan
- Accord is ‘go to’ forum for industry-govt dialogue – independent evaluation
- Departing Accord co-chairs ‘hand over the keys’
- Funding supports new construction sector Transformation Plan
- Immigration Rebalance welcomed by Construction Accord
- Accord publishes 2021 Progress Report
- Accord Steering Group – call for new members
- Construction MIQ closes after helping hundreds
- Accord Environment Roadmap released
- Farewell to 2021 from the Accord Steering Group co-chairs
- Strong pipeline forecast shows industry can prepare for future
- New broader outcomes guidance published
- Accord proposes construction vaccination protocols
- New Plymouth District Council wins Beacons Award
- Review of NZS3910 construction contract launched
- Finalists announced for inaugural Construction Accord Beacons Awards
- Building for the Future report released
- Construction Sector Accord supply chain research issued
- Launch of Accord Network
- Accord funding towards better business performance in specialist trades
- ConCOVE – Women's Advisory Group announced
- Diversity in Construction initiative “great news” for women in construction
- Have your say on three MBIE consultations on Building Act reforms
- Critical workers entering New Zealand under Covid-19
- World Safety and Health at Work Day
- Construction Sector Accord partnership builds sustainable workforce
- Construction Sector Accord partnership helps resourcing for suicide prevention
- Accord Steering Group welcomes two new members
- Government and industry collaborating to improve good business practice
- Planning for a post-COVID construction sector
- 2020 Construction Sector Progress Report shows benefits of Accord
- Constructive Forum brings Government and industry together
- Accord welcomes new members to lead transformation delivery
- Construction Sector Accord part of the consortium to lead Construction Centre of Vocational Excellence
- Construction and Infrastructure Workforce Development Council making progress
- More help to keep and employ apprentices
- Accord welcomes new residential construction sector support
- Save the date: Rapid Mobilisation Playbook webinar
- Rapid Mobilisation Playbook to support fast-tracking of construction projects
- Managing Risk Webinar
- New Contract Partnering Agreement launched
- Accord's first Beacon Project: Reducing carbon in construction – Watercare
- NZ Infrastructure Commission publish the Lifting Our Gaze report
- Mates in Construction
- New Construction Procurement Guidelines to promote better practices
- Mental Health in Construction
- Construction contracts under the microscope
- Innovate, Partner, Build – a better way to work with industry
- Accord set to change 'rules of the game' in construction industry
- Launch of the Construction Sector Accord
- Accord in action
- Innovation in construction
- How to deliver broader outcomes in construction
- Presenting Tōtika – streamlining health and safety pre-qualification
- The Reform of Vocational Education and the construction sector
- How digital tools can grow your construction business
- How to reduce carbon emissions in the construction sector
- Managing risk post-COVID: Achieving rapid mobilisation and rethinking construction supply chain
- Enabling behaviour and culture change in the construction sector
- Reflections on 2020 show a united sector
- The role of diversity in the construction sector
- Mental wellness in the construction sector
- Rapid Mobilisation Playbook Webinar summary
- Construction Risk Management
The Accord is proud to present its webinar series, ‘Towards High Performance’. Read summaries of the webinars on a variety of topics.
On this page
23 May 2022
The New Zealand construction sector has a productivity challenge. Innovation is vital to increase our productivity and for us to achieve a productive and profitable sector, we need to embrace new ways of constructing.
How to deliver broader outcomes in construction
7 April 2022
The construction sector alone contributed $17 billion to the country's GDP in 2020 and employs more than 200,000 New Zealanders but there are significant opportunities in the sector that go beyond constructing new works.
Presenting Tōtika – streamlining health and safety pre-qualification
17 November 2021
Tōtika was designed to streamline the health and safety pre-qualification process for the construction sector.
The Reform of Vocational Education and the construction sector
28 October 2021
The Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE) aims to create a more unified and sustainable vocational education system that delivers the skills that learners, employers and communities need to thrive. Learn more about the reform and its impact on the construction sector.
How digital tools can grow your construction business
8 September 2021
Digital capability is becoming increasingly important for New Zealand businesses, including industries across the construction sector. Learn about what tools and support are available for the sector and understand the benefits of digitsing your business.
How to reduce carbon emissions in the construction sector
28 July 2021
The construction sector is a significant contributor to carbon emissions, from producing materials, to constructing buildings and the energy used in buildings. The sector needs to play a major part if New Zealand is to reach its climate change goals, including being net zero carbon by 2050.
Managing risk post-COVID: Achieving rapid mobilisation and rethinking construction supply chain
09 June 2021
Mobilising projects rapidly can get people into jobs sooner and have a positive impact on society, the economy and the environment. This webinar explored current successes and barriers to rapid mobilisation across the sector.
Enabling behaviour and culture change in the construction sector
07 May 2021
Webinar addressing how the construction sector is facing the unique challenges of developing and implementing cohesive work-place cultures.
Reflections on 2020 show a united sector
16 December 2020
The final Towards High Performance webinar for 2020 saw four members of the Construction Sector Accord Steering Group (ASG) reflect on the past year, and discuss how the Construction Sector Accord is working with the sector to undertake change.
The role of diversity in the construction sector
1 December 2020
The Construction Sector Accord recently partnered with Diversity Works NZ, the national body for workplace diversity and inclusion, to talk about diversity as part of the Accord's Towards High Performance webinar series.
Mental wellness in the construction sector
19 November 2020
Suicide rates within New Zealand's Construction Industry are higher than first thought – but the MATES in Construction programme is already making a positive difference.
Rapid Mobilisation Playbook Webinar summary
10 September 2020
As part of the Accord's Towards High Performance Webinar Series, the Playbook was recently launched by the Minister for Building and Construction, Hon Jenny Salesa and other construction sector leaders.
10 September 2020
This webinar is the first in the Accord's "Towards High Performance" webinar series, and focuses on the better ways to deal with risk.