Accord publishes 2021 Progress Report
Overview of 2021 progress towards sector transformation goals
The Accord has published its 2021 Construction Sector Accord Progress Report.
The report is an overview of the Accord's progress during 2021 towards addressing systemic challenges in transforming the construction sector.
It features our outgoing Steering Group chairs Chris Bunny and Peter Reidy reflecting on 2021’s trials and achievements.
The sector is booming but feeling the headwinds and, in the COVID-19 response, the Accord again brought industry and government together.
Workstream highlights included:
- Leadership: Launch of the Accord Network a 2021 milestone
- Business Performance: Benchmarking and a digital boost for construction SMEs
- People Development: Skills strategy, diversity roadmap, vocational education reform and more
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing: Suicide prevention with MATES, and Tōtika pre-qualification scheme
- Regulatory Environment: Three projects to drive efficiency, effectiveness and predictability
- Procurement: Better procurement skills, clearer contracts, and a better deal for subcontractors
- Environment: The Roadmap for Action is underway
- Beacons: Inaugural Beacons Award presented
The document also sets out the new priorities to feature in the new transformation plan, 'Accord 2.0'.