Accord Steering Group – call for new members
The Construction Sector Accord is seeking new nominees for its Steering Group.
Update: Applications for the new Accord Steering Group closed on 13 May 2022.
The Accord Steering Group (ASG) will provide strategic direction and oversight to the delivery of the Accord 2.0 Construction Transformation Plan. Members will champion the Accord and lead by example.
ASG members must have the mana and skills to lead and oversee an ambitious plan to transform construction for Aotearoa. Membership selection will prioritise competency. Sector representation will be considered but is not the key focus of ASG composition.
We are looking for people who have:
- Governance experience
- Sector and/or Government credibility
- Support for innovation
- Sustainability leadership
- Whole-of-sector view
- Experience in industry transformation
- Māori construction expertise.
We do not require all ASG applicants to have all of these competencies.
Accord Steering Group membership requirements
These are voluntary positions, and we appreciate that this means additional demands on time in already busy lives. The ASG is expected to meet for four to six times a year. A minimum of three to four hours pre-reading is required before each meeting. Members are expected to represent the Accord at meetings, conferences and events as required. Members will also engage with Accord Ministers to discuss Accord programme progress.
ASG members will make decisions in the best interests of the whole construction sector. It is acknowledged that they will represent their particular sector's view in terms of consultation and advice.
It is expected that ASG members' behaviour will reflect the Accord principles:
- Build trusting relationships
- Being accountable
- Acting with empathy and respect
- Focusing on delivering quality
- Being transparent on the value and allocation of risk
- Working in a collaborative and inclusive way
- Be bold
- Fostering innovation, and research and development
- Not accepting conduct and culture contrary to the principles of the Accord
- Sharing success and learning from failure
- Focusing on whole-of-life value when buying and building
- Value our people
- Fostering careers to nurture the industry's future
- Recognising and rewarding effort and success
- Embracing diversity and inclusion
- Supporting better outcomes for Māori
- Prioritising health, safety and mental wellbeing.
- Act with collective responsibility
- Planning for the long term
- Acting as a custodian for the sector's future
- Sharing knowledge and lessons learnt
- Prioritising environmental sustainability.
The members of the ASG will be appointed by the new Steering Group Co-Chairs. An appointment is for the term of the Accord 2.0 Construction Transformation Plan beginning July 2022 until the Plan's end in June 2025. An interim review of ASG membership will be undertaken in December 2023.
We hope you will consider applying to participate in this important work.
Apply to join the Accord Steering Group
Applications close Friday 13 May 2022.
To apply, please provide the following documents:
- The application form [DOCX, 354 KB]
- A brief CV or résumé (maximum two pages).
Email to: Sophia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed in late May and decisions will be made and communicated by the end of June 2022.