In phase two of the Accord programme, industry and government are working together to produce a transformation plan to achieve the goals and vision of the Accord.
An Accord Steering Group has been set up to oversee this phase of the Accord work. The 24 Steering Group members are industry and government leaders who will champion the programme across industry networks. The Group is meeting once a month to drive progress on the Accord.
A project team made up of staff from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and specialist external consultants is progressing the development of the transformation plan. This work is now focused on:
- addressing the nine priority work areas
- tracking the progress of the government and industry initiatives that are in the Accord
- identifying additional key industry initiatives for potential inclusion in the transformation plan
- identifying where the gaps are and proposing new initiatives where required
- creating performance indicators to measure the success of the Accord programme
- ongoing sector engagement including surveys and public meetings.
This work will lead to the development of a detailed sector transformation plan that will be published in December 2019.
Read our monthly updates to the sector. Recieve updates by email by signing up to our mailing list.
Construction Sector Accord Update 16 September
Find out how the Transformation Plan is shaping up and get an update on the recent and upcoming sector and public workshops. Read the results of the recent Accord survey, and find out about upcoming TEC and MOE public meetings on Workforce Development Councils. Read the 16 September update(external link).
Construction Sector Accord Update 7 August
In this update we would like to hear from you on what initiatives you think would make the biggest difference in the sector, and you can read more about our progress toward a Sector Transformation Plan. Read the 7 August update(external link).
Construction Sector Accord Update 5 July
Read about our progress on phase two of the Accord programme including setting up a steering group, and find out more about the transformation initiatives in the Accord. Read the 5 July update(external link).